As can be seen from the first picture, the bridge leads to the Jubilee grounds which were opened on the 7th June 1897. These were situated in the fields to the right of the path which today leads to Parkside. The bridge stands opposite and across the road to Dalton Towers. The grounds contained a pavilion and was used for gatherings, picnics and many other public events. The creation of this amenity was in celebration of the Diamond Wedding Anniversary of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
The grounds are now overgrown with shrubs and trees, the pavilion is long gone having suffered damage from a submarine attack in WW1. The path still exists and leads to the west of Parkside, however the events are no more, another loss from the past.